This is a weeve solution to meet the increasing demand for goods, which requires shop-floors to be adapted to higher quality standards.
Demand of goods increases and so does the size of shop-floors, which continuously need to adapt to new feature and quality standards. Many portable equipment which are used for data collection are battery operated, running on mobile phones or just too constrained to do complex operations.
- Diagnostic data, production insights, manual reports are trapped in devices that travel around the factory.
- Multiple IoT gateways dramatically increase integration costs, effort and complexity.
Taking advantage of the modern wireless technologies and weeve’s flexible data services, all the data sources can connect to a single gateway and, when within range, offload the data in order to be processed. The data can be combined, compared and routed to the cloud or locally, depending on the use case.
Real-time data from a motor on the production floor is fed and stored to a gateway. Unfortunately, this is not enough to generate valuable information. More raw data comes from a battery operated device which collects high frequency vibration and audio data for a couple of hours and stores them as CSV files. Finally, a mobile app is used in combination with the phone sensors to provide additional insights such as anomaly detection and extract vibration features.
All that is left now is the orchestration of the data streams above. Three data services are created to (1) retrieve, (2) condition and (3) store in a unified local database.
That's it. The manager now decides that he will feed the high frequency data, along with the production data, into his internal predictive maintenance systems. In addition, the anomalies detected by the app are to be anonymized and sent to the cloud:
- Cost saving implementation by using a single IoT gateway, which easily connects to various data incoming streams. Even portable ones!
- No installation of additional sensors or control systems.
- Data ownership and control. On-prem or cloud is just one Data Service away! No coding required.
- The easiest solution to bring IIoT to the shopfloor by integrating of multiple data sources.