Many people contact us, for it seems like there are a number of commonalities between Node-RED and the weeve Edge Computing solution at first glance. However, the following is aimed to break down weeve's Edge Computing solution for Industrial IoT into its main differences and the reasoning behind several major components.
Open-Source Edge Service Management
- Minimizing the life-cycle cost with the weeve Agent, where you can easily manage the deployed edge applications from various locations and on mobile equipment.
- Edge applications and modules live on a registry and can be remotely and selectively deployed on multiple Edge Nodes
- The deployment status of the numerous Edge applications can be monitored on a unified dashboard, with the ability to pause and uninstall applications with a click of a button
- weeve provides tested and production-ready modules which help reduce risks and simplify usage
- Full support with a solid partner network that enables users to streamline and simplify the process of transferring data between different connections and suppliers
- Build and deploy new custom modules by using weeve's Module Boilerplates. Create the required modules without the need to understand any backend configurations
weeve Agent – Edge Orchestration and Management
Building, managing, and monitoring the intelligent edge nodes like gateways, industrial computers, and smart devices in a straightforward and simple way through the weeve Manager; which provides a unified interface for clients and edge infrastructure, whereas Node-RED only allows for single Node deployment
- Encrypted communication with edge nodes
- Different users have access to the same applications and edge devices depending on the permission granted to them using a Role-Based Access Control